For most building managers and architects, sustainability is all about energy efficiency and keeping a lid on costs. It’s about using quality products that do the job, stand up to wear and tear and last the distance.
Here’s just a few ways Carona helps you do just that.
1. Insulated doors for temperature control
In hospitals, factories and other temperature-sensitive environments, the right door can make all the difference.
To achieve peak energy efficiency, doors should feature insulating values of at least R2.5. The R-Value is a measure of how well an object resists heat travelling through it. The higher the R-Value the better the insulation.
So how do you get the right R-Value? Well-insulated doors like Carona’s 4500 Series feature a thick polyethylene shell, full santoprene rubber seals and a high-density, CFC-free urethane foam core. That means energy is saved ‘from the inside’.
2. PVC strip curtains that save on energy costs
It’s a simple idea. Strip curtains are a cost-effective thermal barrier between areas where you still want free movement.
We’ve customized our PVC strip curtains for a range of applications including:
- Specialist environments where maintaining hygiene is crucial, such as in laboratories or in temperature-sensitive packaging plants.
- Food storage, strip curtains help to stabilise room temperatures and prevent condensation, extending your stock’s shelf life.
- External doorways, where they give you another layer of thermal control that lets people in but keeps warm air out on hot days.
Outstanding energy efficiency – here’s the proof
Tests conducted by the University of New South Wales show that our strip curtains stop 93% of air movement and deliver energy savings of up to 24% per day – proof that they work to keep temperatures lower and steadier.
3. Air curtains: an efficient, invisible barrier
An air curtain blows a stream of air to stop air or contaminants passing from one open space to another.
Used everywhere from offices and shops to gyms, air curtains help maintain a comfortable, clean environment – and they help save energy.
- They help to make your air-conditioning and heating systems more efficient. We’ve seen Carona air curtains pay for themselves within one to two years.
- Many models have adjustable speed settings, so you can easily change the unit to suit the level of temperature control you need.